I wanted to share with you all some of my schemes of work so I have started with one that I have been using for a while now.
YR10 ART Altered Nature Term 1&2 2015
I use it as the first project for year 10 GCSE artists and have been tweaking it for the last few years and I feel I have now got it to a place where I am happy with it. It runs for a term and a half and results in a 3D ceramic outcome. I have added a few images to show some of the outcomes from the course of the project.
Pupils were tasked with finding a base image of a face for a homework task, they then brought this to the next lesson. As usual there were some that did not have the homework so I have a few images photocopied for those that did not have anything.
As a starter I showed the class a selection of abstract portraits from other artists and we discussed these as a class.
I gave a quick demo of the task and then they set about cutting up bits and pieces from the magazines provided (ones I have found particularly good are fashion magazines for facial features/clothing and also The National Geographic for animal parts and textures).
The pupils really enjoyed making the faces as crazy as possible!