Pupils were tasked with finding a base image of a face for a homework task, they then brought this to the next lesson. As usual there were some that did not have the homework so I have a few images photocopied for those that did not have anything.
As a starter I showed the class a selection of abstract portraits from other artists and we discussed these as a class.
I gave a quick demo of the task and then they set about cutting up bits and pieces from the magazines provided (ones I have found particularly good are fashion magazines for facial features/clothing and also The National Geographic for animal parts and textures).
The pupils really enjoyed making the faces as crazy as possible!